Re: [MiNT] Cookies

on 10/17/10 12:43 PM, Peter Slegg wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:23:56 , Peter Persson <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> 17 okt 2010 kl. 17.34 skrev Peter Slegg:
>>> This is what I find strange, the boot sequence in AUTO hasn't changed
>>> much in a while, the error only started recently and occurs very
>>> infrequently. It's certainly an odd one.
>>>
>>> Replicating it is the issue at the moment.
>>
>> Just add JARXXX.PRG first in the autofolder and see if the problem goes
>> away. If it does, one of the other apps in your autofolder clearly has a
>> bug related to cookie management.
>>
>> -- PeP
>
> A bug that has remained hidden for 10 years. This is why I want to
> investigate it properly and not hide it with a quick fix.

Then you are on your own entirely to find the problem.  No one has that
exact set up, software suit or wants to waste time on it.  Install the jar
expander and be done with it is the best advice.  That tool is the first
thing Ozk advised me to install the moment I started using MiNT and its not
because the kernel has a bug, but because all the old TSRs try to handle the
overflow themselves.

Its a very simple concept, install the jar expander very early in the boot
sequence, double the entries, triple or quadruple it, whatever it takes,
then the old TSRs never try to expand it.  Issue solved.

If the jar expander don't solve it, you likely have flakey ram in your milan
if it remains random after that fix.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/