Re: [MiNT] mp and shutdown

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 22:01:08 , "J. F. Lemaire" <jflemaire@skynet.be> wrote:

> >> Just curious... would I be the only one encountering this issue ?
> >> Could I happen to run the wrong version of Shutdown ?
> >> Shutdown in attachment.
>
> > No, the same happens with me (and it has always been like that).
>
> I would like to add that the proper place of a shutdown program for
> MiNT that does memory violations is the wastebin. Nowedays I always
> use the Task Manager. I works fine for me.

You mean that Reboot and Cold Boot really result in 2 different
behaviours ? Then there must be something wrong with my config,
because they both do a cold boot. :-(
Anyway, using the task manager means :
1- go to the menu and select XaAES entry (3 actions),
2- go to the menu and select the task manager (2 actions) and
3- click Halt button.
When using Taskbar, one only needs to right-click the bar, click
shutdown and then depress Enter or click Shutdown - which is far
very faster (when it works ;-) ) as it needs only 3 actions
against 6 when using the TM -.

J.-Luc - Lazy... but proud to ;-)