Re: [MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

4 aug 2010 kl. 19.33 skrev Helmut Karlowski:

>> msg[0] = message type
>> msg[1] = ap_id
>> msg[2] = message length (-16 if longer than 16 bytes).
>
> I can't find where this is filled. From how I understand the source it should be
> 0, but I'm quite sure that I'm wrong.

Afaik this is how messages should look; it's common for all AES messages? If a message is longer than 16 bytes, msg[2] should hold the number of extra bytes.

>> msg[3] = parent menu
>> msg[4] = menu item
>> msg[5] = menu tree (high word)
>> msg[6] = menu tree (low word)
>> msg[7] = parent object index
>
> Don't give [3] or [7] any information?

I use [3] to find out which menu it is. Somehow I don't get what 7 is for, I have the impression that if I use [5] + [6] to get the tree address, [7] is redundant. Maybe I'm wrong, dunno.

> It would not be very easy to make the message longer - it's a generic
> funtion for all messages, better would be to misuse another parameter -
> trying to avoid the risk that some other app may get confused.

Some other app shouldn't get confused, because that app shouldn't have received the message in the first place?

How many apps currently use this feature? (if any?) :)

-- PEP