Re: [MiNT] UNIXMODE defaults

RTFM normally comes after you have FTFM, and there in lies one of the
problems, it is 2K10 after all

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 23 June 2010, Jean-Luc CECCOLI wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:12:30 -0400, Mark Duckworth
> <mduckworth@atari-source.org> wrote:

> It would be nice to have a link to that from the main Sparemint www-pages...

do what I did a grab a page and submit it to the list (if you are that
way inclined)

> And maybe do some other updates too as Frank's still mentioned as contact
> for Sparemint related questions:
>        http://sparemint.org/sparemint/info.html

I think this is happening (I submitted a couple of pages with updated
details, but include "past maintainers" also)

>> > View in web browser:
>> >
>> > http://phoenix.inf.upol.cz/~opichals/libhyp/hypview.cgi?url=http://aoi.
>> >atari-source.org/~mduckworth/mint-en.hyp
>> > http://phoenix.inf.upol.cz/~opichals/libhyp/hypview.cgi?url=http://aoi.
>> >atari-source.org/~mduckworth/mintdocs.hyp
>
> The programmer's doc doesn't say anything about threads.

there is also the non-mint specific wiki (looking for link now...
http://wikipendium.free.fr/) and a couple of other doc sites with
programming related material (most of which needs updating in some way
or another)

> My old MiNT intro from 15 years ago mentioned several gotchas with them:
>        http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/historical/mint.html
>
> Do those still apply?

If Jo Even gives the OK, it would be good if others were to add some
of the "missing" information to the new wiki. I've done a bit here and
there, but Jo had not finished editing it (last I heard), and its been
a couple of months since I updated anything. This was the main reason
Wiki was chosen for the "new website", so its probably time we started
using it...

>        - Eero

And, or, alternatively, is it about time to get a hold of the
http://freemint.de site again to add more user related stuff (that
isn't considered for the sparemint/freemint wiki) At least this would
allow for cross linking and cross referencing (along with other doc
urls) where more info may be needed by a user (and they dont have to
go away and muddle through google looking for that info)

Paul