Re: [MiNT] ccache 2.4 rpm

Am Mi, 9.06.2010, 23:34 schrieb Keith Scroggins:
> Hi Ole!
>
> I'm messing around with your SPEC file, and I'll send you my thoughts
> on some changes hopefully in a little bit, although it might be a bit
> longer than that.  One thing I can quickly suggest is that the install
> should be in /usr instead of /usr/local.

1. Thanks for your hint, I did not know that.

2. Especially ccache needs /usr/local/bin because gcc is located in
/usr/bin, but ccache needs some symlinks ( example: /usr/local/gcc ->
/usr/local/ccache ) to hook the compiler invocations.

That works because you must add /usr/local/bin BEFORE /usr/bin in your $PATH.

Of course one could use alternative directory for the binary ( maybe opt ?
). But that would conflict with the man page installation...

Greets
Ole