Re: [MiNT] patch:MiNT:single-task

Alan Hourihane wrote:

> > I meant a test inside MiNT - something like f->links > 0 or whatever. PD
> > does not do anything with -1, but the debugged apps may call a
> > Fclose(-1) before they exit for some reason. And these apps are PD for
> > MiNT so it has no kbd after the PD-client has exited.
>
> I think we need to understand why apps call Fclose(-1) and what they
> expect first.

Something like give the console back to the system? - I don't know.

> > > Are you saying that sending a signal such as SIGKILL to the
> > > application wouldn't stop it ?
> >
> > Where did I say that? You can kill PD for example using the taskmanager
> > (once the PD-client does AES-calls). But this is at own risk ;)
>
> Then I'm misunderstanding what you mean by is not stopped. Can you
> clarify ?

XaAES stops all its clients except the ones that have F_DONT_STOP set.
When you debug a console-app (like MicroEmacs) you need toswin for this.

> > > Are you saying you get no key events when using the current code ?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> O.k. I think we need to understand if PD really is disabling timers
> here.

At least it does something obscure. But non-AES-progs continue
running so maybe its something else. All I know is the first call to
addroottimeout stops the keyboard.

-Helmut