Re: [MiNT] patch:MiNT:single-task

Alan Hourihane wrote:

> > > Could PD have redirected output to file descriptor -1 ?
> >
> > Is there a way to test this? If it would be redirected then the close
> > should be performed.
>
> A test app could be made - yes.

I meant a test inside MiNT - something like f->links > 0 or whatever. PD
does not do anything with -1, but the debugged apps may call a
Fclose(-1) before they exit for some reason. And these apps are PD for
MiNT so it has no kbd after the PD-client has exited.

> > > By not closing are we risking losing some data here.
> >
> > Yes, this could possibly occur.
>
> Ouch, I don't think that's acceptable.

Only the debugged app can suffer from this. And when you use ST-mode you
have to know what you do anyway.

> > > Can you give some help on what F/M_DONT_STOP imply ?
> >
> > From my changelog:
> >
> > ---
> > To control this currently there has to be the bit 16 (0x10000) set in
> > p_flags of the relevant binary.
> >
> > Any client that has bit 17 (0x20000) set, is not stopped except when the
> > single-task-app has this bit also set, i.e. when it has 0x3xxxx.
> > ---
>
> Are you saying that sending a signal such as SIGKILL to the
> application wouldn't stop it ?

Where did I say that? You can kill PD for example using the taskmanager
(once the PD-client does AES-calls). But this is at own risk ;)

> > The reason to bypass the timeout is that PD disables the timer-interrupt
> > (I think) and there would only be one keypress possible. The same
> > happens when you boot with GEM=ROM on original hardware (don't know why
> > it happens there). I was thinking to extend this for the ROM-desktop to
> > have keyboard there too.
>
> Are you saying you get no key events when using the current code ?

Yes.

> I think I'll go and grab PD to see what gives.

And try to use ROM-desktop too.

-Helmut