Re: [MiNT] Multi-Target SpareMiNT (RPM) Thoughts - How to do it maybe

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
Also, some 68k binarys perform better than the 68040 ones.
fVDI for example, the 68k one gives a score (Kronos, VDI test) of 155% on my system, and if i use the fvdi_040.prg instead, score goes down to 122% (Reference system: Powermac 8600 ).

Then there must be something seriously wrong with the compiler...

I would be interested to see the results with a GCC 4.x compiled fVDI.
However, since these low-level software usually contain assembler sources, the compiler CPU settings are not fully relevant. Of course, we should never see inverted results like those reported here.

--
Vincent Rivière