Re: [MiNT] ftp server

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 19:02:04 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> I am planning to set-up a temporary ftp server on the milan
> for downloads only.
>
> I've installed tcp_wrappers, portmap and inetd rpms.
>
> I don't really want the ftp server starting at boot time, I'd
> like to be able to start up the server when I need it if possible.
>
> Are there any better docs than this, which obviously differs from
> FreeMint.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-ftp.html
>
> Peter

What I have done so far.

In /etc/inetd.conf I activated the line:

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.ftpd

then in /etc/sysconfig/net.services I added the line:

inetd

Now when I do kill -HUP <pid of inetd>  the inet process is started.
Then:

bash-2.05a# ftp localhost
Connected to localhost.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

I need to work out how to set up the anonymous user and default
dirs.

Regards,
Peter