Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

From: "Peter Slegg" <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:13 PM
To: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

> 021  000   0     0  TSR       16384 00:00.06  MACCEL3

Don't know if this is unstable, but why not use the Milan-specific CPX
instead?

I've never heard of one. Without Maccel the mouse is dog slow.

There is a CPX in the Milan archive. mmouse.cpx or something like that.

> 095  094   0     0  Sleep     65536 00:00.01  bubble

BubbleGEM is - and it hurts to say this because the concept is cool - a
piece of sh*t. It's capable of locking both my Falcon and Milan solid when
using MiNT. Please remove, including the CPX.

I've never had any problems at all although not many apps use it.

Please try without it.

I suspect not all Milans are the same.

When running MiNT they are.

> 096  094   0     0  Sleep     32768 00:00.00  cache040

What's this?

It's an ACC from controlling the cpu caches. I never use it.

Then you should disable it. From the name it looks like it's supposed to be used with a 040, don't you have a 060?

> 097  094   0     0  Sleep    221184 00:00.64  cops

Are you using the version from the FreeMiNT-build? Older versions doesn't
work too well outside MagiC.

The one I use it dated 1998. I tried some of the later ones and they
mangled the icons and crashed badly. This one is the most stable and
doesn't give any obvious problems.

Then disable it and try MP again.

I'm really curious about your Milan. Your list of problems appears to be endless :-) If you like, I can create an exact image of my boot-partition so you can test my setup. Just need to get my Milan on-line first.

Jo Even