Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

From: "Peter Slegg" <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:39 PM
To: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

Without multistrip and without bubbles.

Xaaes starts Ming which then pops up a dialogue:

Process "Thing" killed
Memory violation PID102
Type Private PC 015CDFD2
Addr 01446EB1  BP 01584000
              OS 0049ED2

Do you have a list of all other processes running, and in which order they are started? One thing is sure, if you work around this problem by disabling MP you're asking for trouble. Either Thing or some other program is doing something really nasty.

Start with MP disabled, run 'ps' and post the output to the list.

Or disable *everything* except mint.prg in the autofolder, all accessories and all programs started from mint.cnf, xaaes.cnf and the desktop. If Thing still crashes then try another version of Thing. You might have a broken binary or broken resource files.

When Thing starts under MP, enable the other stuff you use one by one, reboot each time and see when Thing starts crashing again. Then you've found the source of your problems.

I think that aFTP has trouble with 1.16 as well as 1.17
although not the same problem.

aFTP has always been buggy on my Falcon. I have never used it much because it was so unstable on my Falcon from day one.

Jo Even