Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

> > Almost all Atari apps are old and we are trying to get multi-tasking
> > unfriendly ones to work ;-)
>
> Almost all apps that can run under MiNT can also run with MP enabled
> with some careful settings. I always use MP on my Milan.

In my XaAES st-guide seems to be the bad guy.

The error occures when calling a progdef-function. Originally this was
done by installing a signal-handler for USERDEF2 and then raising the
signal (presumably to run the callback by the client). But then I
encountered that photoline crashes when navigating in some windows with
MP on and it could freeze the whole system.

So I changed the callback-method and call the user-function directly
which made photoline run perfect.

But now st-guide may tear down itself and also other apps, which does
not happen with the signal-method.

This all runs in user-space (curproc is the client), so I thought a
clean prog should not harm anyone.

Now I reverted it to the signal-method as photoline is not as widely
spread as st-guide. I don't know why it works now and not with the
direct call.

Also it is not allowed to use the VDI from inside a signal-handler which
is now the case again.

Not really satisfying, maybe someone knows what's really going on there.

-Helmut