Re: [MiNT] missing xversion.h

Helmut Karlowski wrote:
No problem: $2 contains the first of them.

Yes, you're right, it's OK.
But I think the list of dependencies is unsorted, you may not get the last modification date.

I was thinking to that:

xversion.h: $(filter-out xversion.h,$(wildcard *.[ch]))
echo '#define BDATETIME "$(shell date -r $(firstword $(shell ls -t
$?)) '+%b %e %Y %H:%M')"' >$@

However, the contents of xversion.h will be wrong if some source file
is deleted.

I must admit my proposition is a bit insane ;-)

Maybe that's why I don't understand it ;)

Basically, xversion.h depends of *.c and *.h, excepted xversion.h itself because you would get a circular reference. Beware, there is a trap, you can't use $@ in the list of dependencies because it is not substituted.

First I use "ls -t" to sort the modified dependencies, then I take only the first file to feed "date -r"

For details:
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html

--
Vincent Rivière