Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

Am 10.05.2010 20:16, schrieb Peter Slegg:
On Mon, 10 May 2010 21:58:57 , "Helmut Karlowski"<helmut.karlowski@ish.de>  wrote:
Am 10.05.2010, 16:31 Uhr, schrieb Peter Slegg<p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:

Has anyone ever looked at ext3 ?
Is it good?

AFAIK it keeps a journal and so if there is a crash and the system
has to reboot it doesn't have to check the filesystem. Otherwise
it is the same as ext2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3

I think Ubuntu uses ext3 or possibly ext4 by now

Peter

Exactly, and with help of that journal, filesystem errors (that in fact occur with ext3 as well) can be more safe recovered.

I just happen to exprience a FS check. Some stuff was bound to lost&found during that,
now my MiNT moans about some folders in /etv/var and similar not found.

I will have to reinstall. Ext3 most probably would have saved me from that.

So, if someone thinks, ext3 could be possible to port for our MiNT system, i vote for it.

Greetings,
Stefan