Re: [MiNT] INI : File not found - The return!

On Thu, 06 May 2010 22:18:05 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

> Am 06.05.2010, 19:25 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Luc CECCOLI
> <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>:

Hello,

> >> I'm pretty sure the 1.17-loader also works with 1.16. So you only need
> >> one.
> >>
> > If that were the case, I wouldn't have experienced the issue, would I ?
>
> Let me explain what I think has happened:
>
> You have a symlink /usr/bin/aes that points to
> /c/mint/1-16//xaaes/xaloader.prg.
>
> Now when you run this under 1.17, SYSDIR is set to 1-17 and the
> 1.16-loader starts the 1-17-XaAES.
>
> When you remove the 1-16-loader the file (the loader) is not found.

Well, IIRC, this didn't happen when upgrading from 1-15-* to 1-15-**,
nor from 1-16-* to 1-16-**, though the folders were different.
This only happened when upgrading from 1-16 to 1-17.

> So you should not use a symlink but a real copy of xaloader in
> /usr/bin/aes.

As far as I remember, I *never* used any symlink to xaaes - except
recently to make it point to the correct path -.
All was done by EasyMiNT. Without telling me. :-/
If I understand what you mean, I have to copy xaloader into /usr/bin,
instead of xaaes (aes doens't exit here), that's correct ?

> > Is /etc/ttytab really useful and/or mandatory ?
>
> I guess init won't work without.

OK, so I'll have to accomodate...

Thanks, Helmut,

Jean-Luc