Re: [MiNT] binutils ld enhancement ?

Alan Hourihane wrote:
I've just added a new environment variable to mintlib which allows the
runtime stacksize to be overridden.

Use STACKSIZE=<value in bytes>

This is very clever.

Since the ideal value of the processs stack size may vary among the usages, it makes sense to be able to change it when invoking a program, without modifying it. Your change allows that.

Thus, if I'm not wrong, the actual stack size of a process is now the first match of the following possibilities:
1) the value of the environment variable STACKSIZE, if it is set.
2) the value hardcoded into the executable, if it is set.
3) the default value hardcoded in the MiNTLib.

This sounds sensible.

--
Vincent Rivière