Re: [MiNT] INIT : file not found

Jean-Luc CECCOLI wrote:

Hello all,

Well, it would very difficult for me to tell what was in the cnf file,
as my disk is totally unreadable now. I think it just was dying. And,
now, it's just dead.
I hesitate between using another disk of the same capacity (20 GB), or
using one of 40 GB.
There are too few letters available for partitions, and I never could
manage to use drives 0 to 3 (or 6?) that are theorically allowed by
HD-Driver.
Z: is my SCSI streamer,
Y: is SCSI CD burner
X: is my IDE DVD burner (under MagiC!, I could use B: for it, but I
never could under MiNT)
W: for some unknown reason, this letter is allocated to a drive that I
can't access and whose partition doesn't exist (checked under HD-Dr)
U: is the system reserved (called Universal ?) drive
R: is my LNX 1GB MiNT partition
Q: is a 4 GB F32 partition which contains all my zipped files
P: down to C: are my working partitions (data and programs).
With more letters available for partitions, I could plug a second drive
and directly backup the main one once or twice a week - much faster than
my streamer that I only use once a month -.
Moreover, we sonn will have 2 more IDE ports to connect drives that will
not be accessable due to not enough letters...
Anyway, back to the question :
1- 20 GB drive with 20x1GB or
2- 40 GB drive with 1x or 2x 4GB F32 (the max TOS 4.04 can access, IIRC),
1x 4 or 8 GB LNX partition for MiNT and all others 1 GB partitions
for TOS.
Not to mention the 80 GB drive that is too big for any Atari system...

Regards,

J.-Luc

Message du 05/04/10 00:14
De : "Stefan Niestegge" A : Copie à : mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Objet : Re: [MiNT] INIT : file not found

Hi

i had that lately, too. Somehow i managed to delete a few files in C:/mint/1-16-cur folder, and ext2fs.xif was one of them.
perhaps it helps to check that file.

Greetings,
Beetle

Miro Kropacek schrieb:
What about looking for INIT= directive in mint.cnf and looking for what's not found? ;)

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Jean-Luc CECCOLI