Re: [MiNT] mono

Am 01.02.2010, 23:35 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

As for mono: I think first do the above and then see what is possible.

To put it this way - do we really want to spend CPU cycles on a run-time
interpreter? Is this how to get compact and responsive applications on
our system?

You never know in advance what can be done, but you should not force something just for completeness.

It's not really an interpreter it's more a JIT-compiler. At least it's big brother .net. The programs run at roughly 90% of the speed of native compiled versions. But that's not something I really need on atari, to make this clear.

--
Helmut Karlowski