Re: [MiNT] Wrong placement of cross binaries

Miro Kropacek wrote:
Because look at your example, how ./configure should know when you're preparing distribution package (i.e. native one) or when just installation for your cross environment? In both cases there's --host the same, only --prefix is different.

Oh, you are right. configure can't know.
Well, there is probably no clean way to build a library package to be used in a cross-compiler environment. In the library packages I have built until now, I have manually built and installed only the files required in a cross-environment. But in any case, this is a packaging hack.
This kind of questions should be asked to the autoconf mailing list ;-)

When I started to work on the cross-packages, I finally understood that there was rarely a clean way to do the packaging. So I started writing build scripts with dirty methods. Then I can improve the scripts from time to time, when I learn new stuff. But I'm afraid we will never find a clean, systematic procedure to build any package. In any case, if we are able to build clean binary packages even with dirty methods, it is not so bad.

--
Vincent Rivière