Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

On 2/1/10 3:42 PM, Alan Hourihane wrote:
On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 12:45 +0200, Lars Schmidbauer wrote:
Hi,

i installed the helmut-28012010 build, here's a little list of issues i
found; some of them was posted before.
(Falcon/CT60, Eiffel, NVDI, 736x544/256 colors with CentScreen):

-The "infinite key-repeat" bug (Eiffel) is still there, sometimes the
  keyboard simply stops working (no key is accepted).
I'm sure this is an Eiffel bug. What version of Eiffel software do you
use ?

Alan.

I disagree. There is surely a problem with eiffel that exposed this. Either I replaced my keyboard or you sent me a new firmware alan that fixed the issue, but that only fixed the eiffel putting out corrupted data. The fact remains that under TOS,MagiC or any other system, after corrupted IKBD causes key repeats, you can just press any key to stop this behavior. Under current freemint the system is done and you have to reboot. That's a mint bug for sure.

Thanks,
Mark