Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>
>> I don't know much about that protocol but then I'd prefer to remove any
>> blocks when the fileselector is called, seems more efficient: a few new
>> lines of code vs. a new protocol ...
>
> True, but the big difference is that the Selectric protocol allows
> multiple files to be selected. Personally I find myself using drag'n
> drop (or the AV-protocol) more than the fileselector, so for me it
> doesn't make much difference :-)
>
> Jo Even

Also, according to the code, XaAES de activates thrid party FS, so at
least allowing for Selectric would allow for certain other FS by
default.

I would still look at the unblocking too, as MyAES does. But there is
also quite a bit of work needed on enhancing the FS itself

So again, its not about any one solution, obviously some work is more
extensive that others, but ultimately, all is needed, to bring up the
compatibility

BTW some similar steps need to be taken with AES calls and AES
objects, but that is for another thread

Paul