[MiNT] XaAES+nvdi-et400

Hi,

That's what I've found on the ET4000-issue (maybe it's not all correct):

The reason why v_opnwk is not working with nvdi-et4000 seems that the
screen-driver must be loaded and intialized. I think v_opnwk should do
this, but it doesn't. nvdi relies the atari-desktop to start after
AUTO-folder, and I've found no other way to intitialize nvdi than to
boot into ROM and start the atari-desktop.

So v_opnwk only seems to work with non-screen-drivers on nvdi-et4000.

To run XaAES one has to boot into the desktop, and start XaAES from
there.

But at least one accessory has to be loaded, for an unknown reason.

Also the auto-start-feature of the desktop can be used to let XaAES
start automatically, but then two accessories are necessary.

So I have xcontrol and stguide installed on that TT.

All this needs a patched XaAES, that will be available in the cvs soon,
I hope.

Additional problem is that the keyboard does not work in the
atari-desktop under mint >= 1.16. I've written an accessory that calls
yield() periodically, and keyboard works, but after some time the system
often freezes. This does not affect XaAES of course.

Also there is a bug in current mint that causes the shutdown to crash if
GEM=ROM is set, so the computer reboots instead of halting. I've
described that bug in the bugtracker.

Maybe someone knows how to call v_opnwk successfully on a screen-driver
under nvdi-et4000 and inform me.

Also it would be nice to have an et-4000-driver for fvdi, if there isn't
one already.

So, it seems it's not possible to start XaAES out of mint.cnf.

-Helmut