Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

Am 07.12.2009, 09:33 Uhr, schrieb Johan Klockars <johan@klockars.net>:

I don't understand why no one ever seems to use vq_scrninfo(). If it
has problems on some hardware, that should be easy to patch. Applying

As you probably know, I posted possible fvdi-issues for months on this list, but none was cured as far as I know. So I'm just looking for ways to get it running as is.

However, the real problem is that you keep getting 11101 rather than
11111 for what should be maximum colour values.

All the bits-analysis is nonsense: These are random-numbers (I needed
more than an hour to find this). Please read the thread about pixel-detection.

Or was there perhaps different code in XaAES as well when using the
earlier kernel?

Sure there are differences, in the initialization before the pixel_format-test. But I've found nothing that's obviously wrong. And as the used method is not allowed anyway, I
don't search any longer. This is just academic.

-Helmut