Re: [MiNT] freemint-enhancements merge ??

Alan Hourihane wrote:
As long as useful/critical modules aren't left out (for example: I'd hate to see
Ozk's ethernec driver -which is close sourced iirc- left out of the new kernel),
I'm ok with this.

I'd be even happier if Ozk open sourced it.

Closed sources are a big problems regarding to compatibility.
Not only they prevent bug fixing, but also they are a headache for upgrading the OS.

I can hardly see someone making money for a MiNT kernel module today, so if some closed source modules are still used now, their authors should really convinced to open their sources, or do the port by themselves.

Another option would be to simply drop that modules.

--
Vincent Rivière