Re: [MiNT] XaAES crash errors

Paul Wratt wrote:
First, thank you ALL for your replys

ALSO, the question that was related to *, **, an &, my current
solution is to NOT use intermediate functions. This just meeans "code
double ups" for certain functions which was my greater concern (other
people reading the code, and extra binary space taken), but I can look
at that later on, when I do "have more experience". It is possible
that what I have will work, but I was concerned that it may have
contributed to the "inital crash".

I forgot to mention another cause of grand software disasters.
Code duplication. Or what I would call "copy paste programming"
Even if you have the intention to remove the duplication later
on, it is already too late. The duplication is already there.
First you have to remember every duplicate you have ever made.
Which is almost impossible.
Second some duplcates may have diverged in the mean time and
cannot be removed anymore. Your progam seems to work, so you leave
it in the end. Your successors aren't aware of these things
and wonder why the program behaves unpredictable in what seem
to be similar circumstances.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers