[MiNT] FVDI/XBIOS (was Re: XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3)

Le Wed, 09 Dec 2009 03:16:35 -0500
Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> a écrit:

> No, I say again, all VDI calls are done if the raw msg appears.
> At this point its trying to drawing on the screen with direct memory writes.
> Why that chokes on aranym?  I have no clue.  Unless the pointer from
> xbois(2) is returned incorrectly, thus causing the bus error?

Of course, because when you use FVDI on Aranym, a different framebuffer
is used, like it is using an external graphics card, with a different
monitor plugged on it. The XBIOS functions will continue to render/give
you Videl related stuff, allocated in ST-RAM, like a monitor still
plugged on the Falcon.

> These drawing routines are just some code I was working on to transform one
> format to another.  Similar to what ozk is doing with the texture loading.
> I just found them handy to draw a test image to verify that the detection in
> fact worked.  Really they are not needed. However it is strange that it
> crashes.

As a general rule, don't use Xbios functions if you want to draw stuff
using VDI, and don't assume the VDI will give you the same
framebuffer/output device as the one the Xbios function gives you.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/