[MiNT] XaAES crash errors

2009/12/6 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
> Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>>
>> Wish you success, but don't forget: The source from cvs is outdated and
>> buggy, so it may happen that you try to do things that have been done
>> before.
>
> It is a shame that no compromise has already been found to commit all the
> pending patches. We have the chance to have a central repository for the
> sources, we should really include the work of everyone, if it goes to the
> right direction.
>
> --
> Vincent Rivière

This would be a good thing, especially if there are bug fixes already
available. I know Helmut has been working on a couple, and I recall
his intentions in a XaAES forum post.

I already have some patches for Texturing and now gradients. I also
have some docs which explain certain parts of "texturing and
gradients". they are by no means complete, but I am already
referencing them (and posting there contents)

With regard to patches and fixes, the bugtracker needs to be updated,
many currently open bugs have apparently been fixed, some for more
than 3 years..

I would like to help with "bug fixing" part as I do my changes and
additions, but I have yet to get to the "using a debugger stage", it
will come with time (probaby with HighWire), so at the moment, the
only "fixes" I can offer are to those seen in the code. Bug fixing is
tedious work, especially if it is not your own code, I would like to
contribute..

Paul