[MiNT] Teradesk compile problem

two parts:
 1) using AHCC on EasyMiNT
 2) "privileged" error from S file

Has anyone got AHCC running on a TOS drive on EasyMiNT. I tried
compiling Teredesk "out of zip" (has uppercase filenames only) on TOS
drive and Minix drive, both times it false because of a "filename case
issue" which stopped it from finding files. I however did get it to
compile by copying the folder to a host folder (on ARAnyM) which makes
the filenames lowercase. (I presume this is also the case with the MNX
partitions too, or is this specific to ARAnyM's nfhostos filesystem
driver)

OK, so I got "tera401s" to compile (make) under AHCC, there are a
couple of fixes to IF_MINT_ statements (missing the space between IF),
and all but the last file (I presume) compile, unfortunately its in
assembler, and one of the errors is a reference to USP, the other is
use of RTE, both are said to be "privileged". Can anyone make a
suggestion..

error:
btst.s L89 [10] invalid first operand: usp is privileged
btst.s L97 'rte' is privileged instruction

code block from BTST.S

jmp_new:	clr		-(a7)
			movem.l	d0-d1/a2-a3,-(a7)

			move	(a0),d0
			move.l	d1,a0
			move.l	a7,a3
			move.l	USP,a7
			jsr		own_aes
			move.l	a3,a7
			move	d0,16(a7)

			movem.l	(a7)+,d0-d1/a2-a3
			tst		(a7)+
			bne.b	jmp_old
			rte

			ENDMOD

			END

I presume USP is related to stack pointer, and that code must be in
privileged (supervisor) mode to use it? The rest of the file shows no
such thing..

My assembler is so "rusty" I cant remember what RTS and RTE are,
except to say the are "return" instructions. END is the last line in
the file, is it acceptable to use RTS in place of RTE.

>From what I understand this file provides 2 functions, the sencond one
checks the AES call types and installs a "hook"  (XBRA TDSK)

Cheers

Paul