Re: [MiNT] g++ bug or is my build enviroment not sane?

ggn (HOL) wrote:
  resulted  in  only the first console input (read by cin) to be read, while the
  rest  were  read  as  blank  (presumably,  you  don't  get  a  chance to enter
  anything).
  aranym.  Both  machines  have Mikro's 4.4.1 gcc port and 2.19.1 binutils. Also

This is the long lasting cout bug. As I said many times, it occurred after outputting an int to cout: the output stream was flagged as error, preventing anything else to be printed after that.

I advertised last week that I fixed that bug in binutils 2.19.1 20091017.

I confirm your program works well with GCC 4.4.2 20091017 and binutils 2.20 20091024. I compiled your program and ran it successfully on simple ST with plain TOS. I must admit the resuting executable optimized and stripped is 396698 bytes big, it is quite a shame.

Upgrading the binutils is not enough, because the C++ libraries provided with GCC are compiled with the old binutils, so they are wrong. You must upgrade GCC and the binutils. There are currently no fixed binaries available for running on MiNT.

Note that you reduced the code too much, you read only values, but nothing is displayed. I had to add some lines to display the values in order to test your program.

No mystery here.

--
Vincent Rivière