[MiNT] binutils 2.20 20091024

Hello.

As advertised last week, the MiNT patch for the brand new binutils 2.20 is available at the usual place, with Cygwin cross-binaries:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/

Nothing interesting for us in the 2.20 release, but I made some significant changes in the new patch labeled binutils-2.20-mint-20091024:

- fixed ld -r for relocatable linking (bug reported by Alan)

- added cleanly the ld --stack option.
So you can set the stack option directly from the GCC command-line when linking:
$ gcc ... -o my.prg -Wl,--stack,256k
This option can be put in LFLAGS when running a configure script, it is useful for compiling packages that builds a lot of executables (such as native binutils and GCC for MiNT)

- fixed binutils to allow the package itself to be natively compiled on MiNT with GCC 2.95. You will need a recent texinfo package, or disable the generation of .info pages.

- fixed the binutils and GEMlib patches, and all build scripts, to be Mac OS X friendly (thanks to Philipp Donzé for reporting these issues).

There is no known bug or missing feature in these new patched binutils, they are a very good candidate for making a native RPM (if someone wants to to it).

I forgot there is still a bug in GCC (thanks again to Philipp): the order of include directories is somehow incorrect, so #include "limits.h" does not pick up the right one. In practice that leads to "PATH_MAX undefined" when compiling some programs. I never tried to dig into that bug (yet).

Sorry, there is still no PGO in these new Cygwin binaries.

Enjoy !

--
Vincent Rivière