Re: [MiNT] Falcon 030 and mint memory protection, bootable DOS partitions?

Hi,

On Friday 16 October 2009, wp1064075-ole wrote:
> I'm new to Mint (and i paused doing atari stuff for about 15 years).
> Yesterday I installed sparemint 1-16-1 onto my falcon.  It works "well"
> when, but only after switching off the memory protection -  is this known
> or "normal"?
>
> Problem then is the low resolution, but I think there are tools to set it
> to better values.
>
> Another problem is the disk setup. I tried SCSITOOLS (HUSHI) and ICD
> tools... altough both are able to create DOS (FAT) partitions, my linux
> won't read the partition table, of course that stops linux from reading a
> partition....
>
> If I create the table and partition with linux, the atari tools say that
> there is no partition that can be used for booting.Because of that I'm
> currently booting from floppy disk, loading HD Drivers, then loading
> mint. That way i got an IDE CF Card that can work with MINT and Linux...
> but I'm not able to boot from the CF card :( Is there anything that can
> be suggested to this problem?

If you have also some other, Linux machine, you could use an emulator to
test how to create a suitable partition table etc. into a hard disk image
first.  For instructions on how to do that with Hatari, see:
"http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manual.html#IDE hard
disk emulation"

This script might also be useful:
http://hg.berlios.de/repos/hatari/raw-file/tip/tools/atari-hd-image.sh