Re: [MiNT] Native gcc 4.4.1 and binutils 2.19.1

On Thursday 6 August 2009, Miro Kropacek wrote:

> Ok guys, I apologize for wasting your time and in the same time I
> must thank Jean-François for bug report -- I know why it doesn't
> work, it's me :) I wanted to be very smart and strip binaries in
> those archives to decrease file sizes and guess what? I ran strip on
> everything -- binaries and libraries what led to ... right, stripped
> symbols from libs, i.e. gcc was unable to find them. I just uploaded
> new archives, with stripped only executable files, it should work now
> (it worked, both plain and 68020-60). I'm sorry for such lameness and
> Jean-François, once again thanks for reporting that!

Fortunately, I was able to recover my partition and install the new
archives. I noticed a small decrease in the compiled size of my current
project, and an even smaller memory usage of the said program, compared
with GCC 4.4.0. These are not hard tests, just empirical experiences,
but it means that I'll stay with 4.4.1 for now on. Thanks.

JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire