Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire : DONE !

Hello, all.

Frank, thanks for the commit !

I'm proud to announce that that the ColdFire V4e support in the MiNTLib is finished :-)

How to build it:
1) Use a ColdFire V4e compatible compiler, any GCC 4.x should be OK.
2) Edit the file configvars, and replace WITH_V4E_LIB=no by WITH_V4E_LIB=yes
3) Build the MiNTLib as usual (make ...)
4) You will find ColdFire libaries (libc.a ...) inside the folder libv4e
5) When you do make install, the ColdFire libraries will go into a new multilib subdirectory named "m5475" (GCC standard directory for V4e libraries)

If a program is linked with the ColdFire MiNTLib, when it is run on a 680x0 computer the following message is displayed:
This program requires a ColdFire V4e
processor and cannot be run on this
machine.
So the user knows exactly what is happening.

The ColdFire support inside the MiNTLib is small and clean. Any new features (and bugs) that will be added to the MiNTLib will be automatically available for ColdFire. We must only be careful when adding/modifying assembly files, fortunately it is very rare.

I'm going to rebuild the GCC 4.4 for Cygwin with this new MiNTLib, I will publish it soon.

--
Vincent Rivière