[MiNT] Possible MintLib FastRAM bug in TOS/MagiC? (Or My Own Error...)

Hi List!

With the port work on ScummVM, I mainly test in MiNT. For those that do not know, ScummVM is a virtual machine that supports a large number of different 2d adventure game engines from the 80s and early 90s. It it written in C++, and utilizes Patrice's SDL for the interface.

Anyway, I have basically become aware of (and tested it myself) of an issue with ScummVM running in regular TOS besides MagiC (MagiC is untested). The complete binary is currently quite large for an Atari app (8.5 megs) so I tested a very stripped down (2.5 Megs) binary.

In MiNT, everything I test that should work, works fine. In TOS, this is not the case, the smallest of games work, but middle sized games do not. My thought is that some sort of RAM ceiling is being hit. For example:

(Machine Specs, Falcon CT60 @ 72 Mhz with 14 Meg ST and 128 Meg FAST)

Tested in MiNT with stripped program, and early game (Maniac Mansion). Memory usage was right around 16 Megs. This test works in TOS, both with the application flagged for FastRAM and ST RAM, and also worked in 030 mode in TOS.

Tried Monkey Island 2 in MiNT. Memory usuage was right around 24 Megs. Tried in TOS, crash to the debugger with an out of memory error. Messed with flags some for ST RAM and FastRAM, no change, tried in 030 mode, exact same crash.

If it matter, running Full Throttle in MiNT barely works, and knaws up 96 Megs of RAM at least.

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that for some reason I am locked in to using only 14/16 Megs in TOS, no matter FastRAM, or ST RAM, unless I am totally doing something wrong elsewhere. And, from the report I got, the same is the case in MagiC.

Did any of this make sense, need more info?

Thanks!

Keith