Re: [MiNT] Program start up

on 4/26/09 4:25 AM, Lonny Pursell wrote:

> I spent some time looking through the cvs files as did Pep for some info
> regarding program startup.  I know 4(sp) points to the basepage, and a0
> points to a basepage if it's a desk accessory. Pep had some other info:
>
> a6 holds a copy of the stack
> a5 points to the data segment
> a4 points to the bss
>
> However, we could not find anything to verify these. Anyone know where to
> look in the CVS? Or a doc somewhere?  Or just don't rely on these?  :)

Yup, replying to my own message.

Pep, perhaps the values you noted were from a particular language that has a
startup module?   Made a test program in assembler and a2 to a6 were all
zero.  Your welcome to have the assembler listing/test binary if you wish.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/