Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire

From: "Petr Stehlik" <pstehlik@sophics.cz>
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:38 PM
To: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire

Jo Even Skarstein píše v St 29. 04. 2009 v 15:22 +0200:
I really don't see the point in adapting source code or recompile for a new
CPU when the virtual CPU is so powerful. The only thing you achieve when
doing this is to complicate things, as you still need to support 68k
binaries.

OK. So you basically say that adapting MiNTlib for ColdFire (see the
subject of this thread) is unnecessary (or even a bad idea).

No, I'm (trying to) say the opposite. On Intel hardware, the CPU is so powerful that a virtual machine is by far the most efficient solution. On a ColdFire this is not true.

Jo Even