Re: [MiNT] the kernel (was: Re: OT Highwire)

Hi Standa!

> http://www.netsurf-browser.org/documentation/info#JavaScript

Yes, I know... :-/

> Sounds like the FreeMiNT kernel is the thing that needs
> to be worked on first, to get anything that the rest
> of the world would help maintaining...

And who will work on that?

It's always the same problem:

To make this application, I need this lib but for this lib, I need a good MiNTlib and for a good MiNTlib, I need a good kernel.

And at the end, nothing is done.

> pthread* necessary support, mmap* required changes.

Reentrant MiNTlib's functions, virtual memory, etc...

Imho, Netsurf( which is a very good browser even without javascript) is the best solution because it's easy to port with the current MiNTlib/Kernel. All the needed lib are available on MiNT and the code is a pleasure to read.

No need to touch the kernel, no need to touch the MiNTlib, etc..

Ciao,
Zorro