[MiNT] Gentoo/FreeMiNT

O.k. so it's getting time I should announce this.

I use Gentoo on most of my modern systems, and with the good work of
Vincent on GCC I'd started to port the tools across some months ago.

It's getting to the point that it's up & running and I'm just finishing
up some init scripts.

The nice thing about Gentoo, is that it's source based and the system
compiles everything. But not so good is that compiles can take a while,
which is why Gentoo also support binary package installations as well to
avoid this.

All the modern tools are running such as :-

coreutils-6.12
flex-2.5.35
m4-1.4.12
make-3.81
patch-2.5.9
bison-2.3
ncurses-5.6
sed-4.1.5
libtool-1.5.26
perl-5.8.8
python-2.5.2
bzip2-1.0.5
cpio-2.9
gzip-1.3.12
tar-1.20
bash-3.2
pkgconfig-0.23
diffutils-2.8.7
findutils-4.5.1
file-4.25
rsync-3.0.4
openssh-5.1
openssl-0.9.8i

and a few more to boot.

Once I get the init scripts finished up, I'll publish the way to
install.

I'm working with the Gentoo/Alt (alternative platforms) teams to
integrate all this so we benefit from others updating packages and fixes
too.

But hopefully we'll be able to use some bandwidth somewhere to host the
binary packages for those who don't need or want to rebuild standard
stuff.

Alan.