Re: [MiNT] Some comments on gcc 4.3.2

Le Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:00:17 +0200
"Miro Kropacek" <miro.kropacek@gmail.com> a _crit:

> I was even played with the evil idea to make a distro just  based on .tar.gz
> packages with some simple uninstall information (i.e. storing the paths of
> installed files into some txt file) + maybe some unit way of storing patches
> for source "packages". Or maybe directly adopt Slackware-type packages. Who
> needs dependency checking in FreeMiNT world anyway. We don't have shared
> libs so it's only about development packages and every developer knows what
> it means "missing SDL.h file"... I know, bad, bad guy :)

Speaking of SDL, I built a version of it as a LDG library. There is
still a problem with the LDG system though, were environment variables
are not transmittted from the caller application to the LDG library. I
fixed that in the linkable libldg.a file (included in the archive of
this SDL build).

Currently, the auto\ldg.prg resident program needs a similar fix, to
have it working system wide. You must copy sdl.ldg to each application
directory that use it, for environment variables to be processed
correctly.

It works quite ok with Doom, even under MiNT. And now you have
sdl-config --static-libs and --libs to do a selection :-).

Yep, I know, ldg is just a hack, but it's better than nothing :-[.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/