Re: [MiNT] Supexec taking one VBL?

Hello!

What do you people think? For example, it would be really cool to have it implemented in such way that program using
that vbl handler wouldn't need to be executed as supervisor protected (you know, flags -S program_name), it would
improve stability a lot. But I'm not sure how it could work, as far as I know, such user vbl has to be in supervisor
memory and something like allocSuperMemory(), copyHandlerCodeHere(), executeHere() isn't probably the best way :)
(isn't this functionality more or less what linux's mmap() does ?)

That's why we have the signalling mechanism. Something wrong with this?

Beside from that, code executed from an inerrupt handler is per definition system code (e.g. kernel space). That's one of the base ideas behind modern operating systems (user space applications have no control over the hardware).

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060