[MiNT] XaAES gradient problem with 1.17.x kernel

Hi,

I'm playing with Aranym setup and I've found this -- in older (1.16.x) kernels XaAES correctly uses gradients in >8 bitplanes mode (currently I'm able to test it under aranym only). For example, for 16bit FVDI settings it tells me it's 16bit pixel FFE0 moto format. But -- in 1.17.x kernel it tells me (same FVDI settings, xaaes.cnf etc) it's 16bit pixel EF40 unknown format, i.e. no gradients will be used (cannot transform images to this format).

From CVS history I see there were some problems with this, I fear with the last commit of trnfm.c Ozk broke this functionality (funny thing is there's message it's fixed for 24bit depth but this doesn't work either). Is there anyone with Aranym/16bit graphics who could confirm / reject this?

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org