Re: [MiNT] Supexec taking one VBL?

Miro Kropacek píše v St 10. 09. 2008 v 00:04 +0200:
> > Well, I'd suggest to check the libSDL (www.libsdl.org) - maybe it's
> > close to what they need. If not then I am afraid it's about 22 years
> > late for inventing a better XBIOS...
> >
> libSDL is already ported and even when we forget TOS compatibility
> (which is now 99% I believe) it fights with the same problem -- the
> software which uses it must be 'flags -S'-ed just because libSDL needs
> to hook on VBL, TimerA, ...
>
> So you say, we will make it compatible with FreeMiNT using that signals
> & stuff. But libSDL needs exactly what I needed

What I had in mind was that if demo/game coders can agree that libSDL
fulfills their needs then the SDL *API* could perhaps be made part of
the OS so it'd have direct and fast access to hardware, while on
singletasking system the normal libSDL would be used to deliver the same
API for the programmer.

The programmer would simply develop against the libSDL but the result
would run on FreeMiNT without that library.

Does it make sense? It's basically about making the libSDL a better
FreeMINT XBIOS.

Petr