Re: [MiNT] Fork behavior (forkpty)

Peter Persson pisze:
Hi ppl,

I'm experiencing some weird stuff when using forkpty(). It seems to hog much more cpu than if I just start the same number of processes. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?
IIRC, becouse of some basepage magic needed to be done when switching context of threads that belong to single process, fork is not a very good idea in FreeMiNT. IIRC (again) MiNTLib fork() has a workaround for that that actually creates new process in the same address space (instead of just forking).

Adam Klobukowski