Re: [MiNT] Beta testers needed

On Sunday 25 May 2008, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> I would like to help you out, but the problem is that my Milan does
> not have internet access. So unless this is a ftp application I can't
> help :-(

It's a client for the DICT protocol, similar to KDict for KDE, but not
quite that sophisticated -- and memory hungry. If you setup a dict
server on your home network and your Milan can access that machine, it
should be fine. On a Linux box with any decent distro it's a simple
matter of installing the dictd server software and a couple of
databases to query.

I did compile dictd to set up the server on my Falcon (as you know the
client and server can be on the same machine) but I couldn't get it to
run. May have been a simple problem but since I prefered testing with
online servers I didn't push the matter.

JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire