Re: [MiNT] RPM's

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Edgar Aichinger wrote:

I'm wondering if it makes sense to target Fedora 8's (or 9's) RPM's and
start to build up from those. Rather than rolling our own.

I suppose redhat/fedora specs are easier to port than e.g. openSUSE, which use quite SUSE specific stuff sometimes (macros). Don't know details on how other distros' rpms differ, but there are quite some based on RPM, e.g. Mandriva

I think one of the first RPM packages to be updated/ported for such a job should be rpm/rpmbuild itself.

--

Martin