[MiNT] syslogd

Since I installed Easymint on the bigger hd a few months ago I
have noticed that syslogd is running but /var/log/syslog is
empty and not being updated.

Have I missed something ? Is this normal behaviour ?
The syslog.conf is much smaller than the one I had originally.

# Log all kernel messages to the console.
# Logging much else clutters up the screen.
#kern.*                                                 /dev/console

# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
# Don't log private authentication messages!
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none                          /var/log/messages

# The authpriv file has restricted access.
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.*                                                  /var/log/maillog

# Everybody gets emergency messages, plus log them on another
# machine.
*.emerg                                                 *

# Save mail and news errors of level err and higher in a
# special file.
uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler