Re: [MiNT] Automatic -fomit-frame-pointer usage

Le Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:11:35 +0100
Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr> a écrit:

> Do you think that CAN_DEBUG_WITHOUT_FP should be used for the MiNT
> target or not ?

Be careful with the frame pointer. On X86, for example, it is used to
process exceptions in C++ programs. I don't know how it behaves in this
case on m68k. Also, yesterday I add a problem with gcc 2.95 on m68k, and
a program dealing with 64 bits integer. long long values where stored in
the stack frame, link/unlk instructions where used, even if I add
-fomit-frame-pointer.

The best thing you can do, is try to run gdb on a program compiled
without the frame pointer.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/