Re: [MiNT] Pilot link

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:43:51 , MiKRO <miro.kropacek@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with the older version of popt
> > we have in Sparemint I thought I would try to build that too. Is this
> > how things snowball ?
> >

> I'm not familiar with this package but when you say you use old
> sparemint package, why are you trying to compile using make and not
> using RPM's building capabilities? In such SRPM is in most cases
> everything you need to patch, compile, link and install.

I'm not familiar with srpm's. I assume they are just the source
of the current Sparemint version. I am trying to update pilot-link
from 0.9.3-1 to the latest 0.12.

The current Sparemint rpm of POPT is 1.3-4 but I wasn't sure if
the newer pilot-link I am trying to build requires a new
POPT which is why I am now making version 1.10.4 although I
just discovered there is a 1-13 version.

Does that make sense ?

Peter