Re: [MiNT] PC Ditto

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:

Last week I got hold of a copy of the old PC Ditto. I want to run
a simple DOS program on the Milan.

I was at work so I gave it a quick test with Aranym, it runs but complains
that I have a USA keyboard and it is a European PC-Ditto; I actually have
a GB keyboard. The Aranym set-up is Mint 1.16.3 and XaAES 0.998

When I tried it on the Milan60 it crashes immediately and the Milan has
to be reset. This is using 1.16.3 and XaAES.

Why should it behave so differently ?

If PC Ditto uses the MFP for some sort of timing (which I find likely in an emulator) it won't work on your Milan as there is no MFP in it.

Another thing might be that PC Ditto emulates the PC beeper with the PSG. It might not work on the Milan as there is no PSG in it.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/