Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 and binary compatibility

However, GCC 4.2.2 is now quite stable.

For me too. I've just compiled FreeMiNT CVS with it (with some patching)
and I'm running with that version right now :-)

I'm VERY happy to know this :-) ! What a success story !
You should submit your patches to the FreeMiNT developers. Most of the times, GCC 4 is more strict than earlier versions, and may be useful to find potentially dangerous code.

Someone reported that EmuTOS was successfully compilable (and usable !) with GCC 4.2.2.

Really, the next step is to update the MiNTLib !

Vincent